The idea of this feature allows you as the administrator of the Ability8 app to create an invoice on behalf of a staff member who is employed as a contractor. The reason being, you have all the details of the shifts worked by the contractor within the app under timesheets and your contractor needs these details to create an accurate invoice. This feature lets you create the invoice and it must then be approved by the contractor before it is available for payment within the app, the contractor will also be emailed a copy of the invoice when approved for their personal records.
This keeps the invoices very accurate and decreases the workload in cross checking invoices against hours worked as all details come from the same system.
1. The staff member must be employed as a contractor in User Profile – Employment Details
2. In User Profile – Permissions you need to set the following 4 switches
3. Have the User populate their timesheets the same as other users.
4. Go to Payments and create a New Payment and select “Service using Timesheets” and then select the contractor from the drop down list (in this case Ken), also notice the form now has a “Submit” button not an “Approve” button. You will be submitting the payment to the Contractor (Ken) to approve. The invoice number is auto created using the first letter from the contractor’s first name and last name and then sequentially counts up from 0001, in this case KF0001.
5. The Contractor (Ken) will now get an email notifying him that there is an invoice waiting his approval.
6. The contractor (Ken) will login to the app and see the following screen. Notice the yellow alert on the menu item highlighting there is 1 payment waiting and the “Approve” button. Contractor selects the “Approve” button, this will send a notification email to the administrator and also another email to the contractor’s email address with a copy of the invoice for their records.
7. The contractor can check the invoice details before approving by opening the payment and selecting the “Check Invoice PDF” button, a copy of the invoice will be displayed.
8. Once contractor has approved the payment the payment will be visible to the administrator ready to be paid like any other payment in the app.
9. A copy of the invoice will also be saved in the contractors User Profile – Documents section.
Leave A Comment