What you need to know
As well as your email address and password, two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an extra level of security for your login or to access screens with the padlock icon, by requiring an authentication code (generated using an app on your phone, tablet or computer device).
Install an authenticator app on your device
If you already use an authenticator app, add another account to it for your login.
To set up the authenticator app:
- Download and install an authenticator app from your device’s app store.
- Follow the installation instructions provided for your device to add an account.
(After install you scan the QR code displayed in the Ability8 app).
In Ability8 – turn on 2FA
Once you are logged in, click your name in the top right corner to be directed to your User profile, then select the “Security” section.
1.Click on the “Edit” button in the top right hand corner.
2. Next to “Two Factor Authentication”, turn the switch on
2. In your authenticator app, add a new account/token (usually the + icon, or “Add Account”).
3. Scan the QR code showing in Ability8 into your authenticator app, then click “Activate”.
(Alternatively, you can manually enter the key below the QR code into the authenticator app).
4. Enter the authentication code provided by your authenticator app, then click “Verify” and then “Save”
You are now set up to use 2FA next time you access a screen with the padlock icon in Ability8.
Next time you login or access a screen with the padlock icon
After entering your password, you will be asked to insert the authentication code provided by your authenticator app.
Insert the code, then click “Verify” to log in.